On 17th and 18th June 2023, my husband Jamie Macdonald and I will be hosting the second Wilding Weekend at our home in Dorset. Find out more about it here.
WE WILL BE SUPPORTING – THE NATIONAL GARDEN SCHEME
AND OPERATION FUTURE HOPE
Money raised from food, drink, and other sales will be donated to Operation Future Hope. They promote wilding in schools and provide online environmental and ecological training courses for young students. They’ve also just published the Rewilding Manual for Schools.
SPONSORSHIP FROM CLIPPER TEAS
We’re excited to announce that Clipper Teas have kindly agreed to sponsor the Wilding Weekend. They say that the initiative aligns with one of their key missions – to support biodiversity. And, we’re based a few miles from their headquarters in Beaminster.
Clipper Teas will be serving teas and coffees from their special van – and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Operation Future Hope. They’re also sponsoring a Wilding Weekend video and photographs. Thank you!
LINKS TO ORGANISATIONS INVOLVED IN THE WILDING WEEKEND
- Amphibian and Reptile Conservation – Arc Trust (James Anderson-Barr)
- Bee Happy Plants & Seeds (Sarah Holdsworth)
- Herbert Clark Woodwork (Bertie Clark)
- Bumblebee Conservation Trust (John Butler)
- Butterfly Conservation (Colin Burningham)
- Clipper Teas
- Dorset Mammal Group (Suzie & Colin Varndell)
- Dorset Wildlife Trust (Daisy Meadowcroft)
- F.east (Claire Wellman)
- Great Big Dorset Hedge (Dorset Climate Action Network – CAN) (Julie Leah)
- National Garden Scheme (NGS)
- Operation Future Hope (Lesley Malpas)
- Real Wild Estates (Julian Matthews)
- Sizzle – Making Greener Choices. (Trewin Restorick)
- The Dorset Bat Group (Steve Masters)
- The Woodland is Massive (Joe Wood)
- Tom Clark Stone Carver (Tom Clark)
- Wessex Wilding (Andrew George)
- West Dorset Wilding (Tom Brereton)
LUNCHES AND CAKES – POP UP F.EAST
WILDING WEEKEND KEY PLAYERS
WILDING WEEKEND FURTHER DETAILS
SOME OF THE INSECTS FOUND AT HOOKE